Title of project: Artificial Intelligence Based Mobile App for Identification and Advisory of Maize Diseases and Insect Pests
Funding agency: National Agricultural Science Fund (NASF)
Total approved cost of the project: ₹ 158.208 lakh ( January, 2019 – December, 2021)
- To train the deep learning (Artificial Intelligence) algorithm for maize diseases and insect pests identification.
- To develop the artificial intelligence based mobile app for providing the advisory to the farmers using trained deep learning algorithm.
- Validation of the developed artificial intelligence mobile app using images from farmers ‘fields.
PI: Dr. Sudeep Marwah Principal Scientist, ICAR-Indian Agricultural Statistics Research Institute, New Delhi
CCPI: Dr. Brajesh Lall Associate Professor, Dept of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
CC-PI: Dr. (Mrs.) P. Lakshmi Soujanya (Scientist SS), Winter Nursery Centre, ICAR-IIMR, WNC, Hyderabad
Co PI: Dr. Sumit Kumar Aggarwal (Scientist), ICAR-IIMR, Ludhiana
Major achievements: –
- Photos collected for different diseases (Maydis Leaf Blight, Turcicum Leaf Blight, Banded Leaf and Sheath Blight, Charcoal Rot and Bacterial stalk rot, Brown spot, Common Rust, Aspergillus ear Rot, Curvularia Leaf spot and Sorghum downy mildew).
- Photos collected for different insect pests (Sesamia inferens, Chilo partellus and Spodoptera frugiperda).