- Identification and development of inbreds having baby corn traits under high density planting
- Development of high yielding farmers friendly baby corn hybrids
- Quality analysis of baby corn fodder traits and their silage making quality
PI- Pardeep Kumar
Co-PI- Sujay Rakshit, Mukesh Choudhary, Yathish K. R., B. S. Jat, Bharat Bhushan, Santosh Kumar, Meenakshi Goyal & Shanti Devi Bamboriya
Major achievements: –
- Total 99 maize inbreds were classified into B line (maintainer) and R line (Restorer line) through crossing with CMS line. Which help to convert B line into CMS lines.
- Regarding the conversion of baby corn specific inbred lines into CMS line, there are three crosses at BC2 stage which showed complete sterility.