Title of project: Development of early maturing maize hybrids with enhanced yield and stress tolerance
- Development of early maturing inbreds and their heterotic grouping.
- Evaluation of early germplasm under biotic and abiotic stresses.
- Development of early maturing hybrids and study their combining ability of newer inbreds.
- Manesh Chander Dagla, Plant Breeding, PI
- Mukesh Choudhary, Plant Breeding, CoPI
- B.S. Jat, Plant Breeding, CoPI
- Soujnya P., Entomology, CoPI
- Sumit Kumar Aggrawal, Plant Pathology, CoPI
- The genotypes CML433-2-1-Ä-1-2(2.0); North east 4-1(N)-2-Ä-1-1-1(1.8); North east 4-1(N)-2-Ä-1-1-2(2.1); V338-1Ä-1-1-1 -1-Ä-1-1-1-2 (2.0); HEY Pool(Extra Early)Ä-1-3-Ä-2-1 (2.5); PFSR (Y)-C1-A-A1 Ä-3-2-1-1-1-1-2 (1.4) identified resistant to post-flowering stalk rots. The genotype 141143-PP-7-1-1 identified for resistant to charcoal rot and the genotype [(E13118/CML474)PMH1]-5-2-1-1-1 identified resistant against MLB.
- Five genotypes; CML-73 (4.8), VQPM9-1-1-1-1 (3.3), HEY Pool -2011-12-1-1-3-4-1 (4.5), HEY Pool -2011-25-6-1-3-1-1 (4.5) and HEY Pool -2011-25-6-2-1-5-1 (4.5) identified resistant to Chilo partellus with LIR ≤ resistant check CM 500 (4.8).
- The lines; HEY Pool -2011-30-4-1-2-2-1 (2.20), HEY Pool -2011-41-2-1-1-1-1 (2.23) were found resistant to S.inferens while HEY Pool -2011-41-2-1-1-2-1(3.23), DMRE63 (3.53), HEY Pool -2011-21-2-3-3-1-1 (4.30) and VQPM9-2-1-2-1 (5.43) were moderately resistant to S.inferens.
- Five lines namely, CM 13CML-50HEY Pool -2011-30-4-1-2-2-1 HEY Pool -2011-15-1-3-2-1-1HEY POOL-2011-12-5SC-3-1-1 were resistant to shoot fly (Atheriogona naquvii Steyskal).
- No dead hearts were formed in two genotypes, CM-13CML-43 against shoot fly (Atherigona soccatta Rondani) at Delhi using fish meal technique.
- Heterotic grouping was done in using grain yield trait of 45 lines with testers of two maturity groups (early; V373 and V-390, medium to late; LM-13 and LM-14).