Title of project: Development of maize hybrids for eastern India
Project funding: Institute
- To develop and identify productive inbred lines of medium and late maturity duration.
- To develop and identify high yielding single cross maize hybrids suitable for eastern India.
|S.No.||Name, designation and discipline||Status|
|1||Dr. Shyam Bir Singh, Pr. Scientist, RMR&SPC, Begusarai||PI|
|2||Dr. Avinash Singode, Scientist, (Plant Breeding ) DMR Unit PAU Ludhiana||Co-PI|
|3||Dr. Ganpati Mukri, Scientist,(Plant Breeding ), IIMR, PAU Campus||Co-PI|
|4||Mr. Yathish K. R. Scientist (Genetics), WNC (ICAR-IIMR), Hyderabad||Co-PI|
|5||Dr. N. Sunil, Pr. Scientist (Plant Breeding), WNC (ICAR-IIMR), Hyderabad (left on 30-06-2016)||Co-PI|
|6||Dr. Krishan Kumar, Scientist (Pl. Biotechnology), IIMR Unit, New Delhi (joined on 01-06-2016).||Co-PI|
|7||Mr. Praveen Bagaria, Scientist (Pl. Pathology) IIMR, Ludhiana||Co-PI|
|8||Dr. Chikappa C.G. Scientist, (Plant Breeding), IIMR Unit, New Delhi||Co-PI|
|9||Dr. B. S. Jat, Scientist (Plant Breeding), IIMR, Ludhiana||Co-PI|
|10||Dr. Bhupender Kumar, Scientist (Plant Breeding), IIMR Unit, New Delhi||Co-PI|
|11||Mr. Santosh Kumar, scientist (Plant Breeding), RMR&SPC, Begusarai||Co-PI|
Major achievements: – in bullets with 3-5 photos
- 1460 new inbred lines/segregating lines were developed.
- 1683 inbred lines/segregating lines including 13 released inbred, 1460 newly developed, 83 white lines and 139 other lines were maintained.
- Among the newly developed inbred lines 220 inbred lines were identified as high yielding (3.0-4.0 t/ha) for rabi season.
- Nearly 3500 test crosses were developed during the project period and best 100 cross combinations were identified for multilocation testing.
- 41 inbred lines were identified as resistant source against TLB.
- On the basis of two years (rabi 2017-18- & 2018-19) multilocation evaluation of 32 new hybrid combinations, two hybrids IMHSB-19R-1 and IMHSB-19R-2 were identified and submitted for state varietal evaluation trial.
- Nine hybrid entries (IMHBG-17R-3, IMHBG-17R-4, IMHBG-17R-5, IMHBG-17R-8,
- IMHBG-17R-9 IMHBG-17R-14 IMHBG-17R-16 IMHBG-17R-17 and IMHBG-17R-19) promoted from NIVT (Rabi-2017-18) to AVT-I (Rabi-2018-19).
- One hybrid entries (IMHBG-17K-5) promoted from AVT-1 (Kharif-2018) to AVT-II (Kharif 2019) for Zone –I.
- Two hybrids entries (IMHBG-18K-13 and IMHBG-18K-14) were promoted from NIVT (Rabi-2018-19) to AVT-I (Rabi-2019-20) for zone 4 and zone -5 respectively.
Two hybrid entries (IMHSB-18KF-1 and IMHSB-18KF-2) were promoted from IVTM to AVTM-! Under AICRP Forage trial.