Nurturing Diversity, Resilience, Livelihood & Industrial Inputs
Designation: Scientist (Ag. Extension)
Qualification: • B.Sc. (Agriculture) from CSAUA & T, Kanpur, UP • M.Sc. (Ag. Extension) from ICAR- IARI, New Delhi • Ph.D. (Ag. Extension) from ICAR- IARI, New Delhi
Address: Scientist (Ag. Extension), ICAR-Indian Institute of Maize Research, PAU Campus, Ludhiana
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: +91 8787472759
· August 16, 2016 – October 20, 2020: Scientist (Ag. Extension), ICAR-Research Complex for NEH Region, Nagaland Centre, Medziphema, Dimapur, Nagaland
· October 22, 2020 – to date: Scientist (Ag. Extension), ICAR-Indian Institute of Maize Research, PAU Campus, Ludhiana
Area of interest
· Adoption and Impact assessment; Seed system; Traditional knowledge
Most significant achievements (in last five years)
· Registered more than 27,000 farmers of Nagaland for mobile based SMS services under the GKMS project funded by Indian Meteorological Department, Ministry of Earth Sciences, GoI. A total of 30,389 farmers were benefitted from the Agromet advisory services.
Publications in last five years
Singh, M., Mollier, R.T., Sharma, P.R., Kadirvel, G., Doley, S., Sanjukta, R.K., Rajkhowa, D.J., Kandpal, B.K., Kumar,D., Khan, M.H. & Mitra, A. 2021. Dietary flaxseed oil improve boar semen quality, antioxidant status and in-vivo fertility in humid sub-tropical region of North East India.Theriogenology.159:123-131. doi: 10.1016/j.theriogenology.2020.10.023
Sharma, P.R., Singh, M., Sinha, P.K., Mollier, R.T. & Rajkhowa, D.J. 2020. Factors for adoption of artificial insemination technology in pig: evidence from small-scale pig production system. Tropical Animal Health Production.52: 3545–3553. doi: 10.1007/s11250-020-02391-7
Singh, M., Mollier, R.T. & Sharma, P.R. 2020. Reproductive attributes of Hampshire, Gunghroo, Large Black and Tenyi Vo (local Naga pig) under intensive management system in subtropical condition of Nagaland. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences.90(6):934-936.
Singh, M., Mollier, R.T., Sharma, P.R. & Chaudhary, J. K. 2020. Reproductive performance in cervical and post-cervical artificial insemination (PCAI) with liquid boar semen in Gunghroo × Hampshire crossbreed pig in Nagaland. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 90(5):708-711.
Singh, M., Sharma, P.R., Mollier, R.T., Ngullie, E., Baisyha,S.K. & Rajkhowa,D.J. 2019. Tribal farmers’ traditional knowledge and practices of pig farming in Nagaland. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 89(3): 329-333.
· Received Award of Excellence for Outstanding Dissemination and Outreach of Agromet Advisories on 13th Annual Review Meeting of GKMS (18-20 December, 2019) as Scientist in-Charge of GKMS Project, ICAR Research Complex for NEH region, Nagaland Centre, Medziphema.