Nurturing Diversity, Resilience, Livelihood & Industrial Inputs
Designation: Scientist-Sr. Scale (Agronomy)
Qualification: M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Agronomy from ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi, Ph.D.
Address: ICAR-Indian Institute of Maize Research, PAU Campus
Mobile: +91 8368623190
Scientist (Agronomy) from December 15, 2009 to October 16, 2020 at Indian Institute of Agricultural Research, New Delhi (India)
Area of interest
To pursue research towards efficient input management in maize-wheat cropping system
Most significant achievements (in last five years)
· Optimization of tillage and nutrient management for maize/pigeonpea-wheat cropping system
· Evaluated diversification options for maize-wheat cropping system to achieve higher productivity and profitability
· Evaluated Sesbania green manuring in maize-wheat cropping system for nitrogen economization and soil health
Publications in last five years
1. Sepat Seema, Thierfelder, C., Sharma, A.R., Pavuluri, K., Kumar, D., Iquebal, M.A., Verma, A. 2017. Effects of weed control strategy on weed dynamics,
soybean productivity and profitability under conservation agriculture in India. Field Crops Research210, 61-70.
2. Acharya, Dodla, S., Gaston, G.L., Darapuneni, M., Wang, J.J., Sepat-Seema, Hari Bohara. 2019. Winter cover crops effect on soil moisture and soybean growth and yield under different tillage systems. Soil & Tillage Research195, 104430.
3. Bana, R.S., Singh, D., Nain, M.S., Kumar, H., Kumar, V. and Sepat-Seema. 2020 Weed control and rice yield stability studies across diverse tillage and crop establishment systems under on-farm environments, Soil & Tillage Research204:104729.
4. Dass, A., Shekhawat, K., Choudhary, A.K., Sepat Seema, Rathore, S.S., Mahajan, G., Chauhan, B.S. 2016.Weed management in rice using crop competition-a review. Crop Protection95: 45-52
1. N.E. Borlaug Fellowship International Agricultural Science and Technology Fellowship Programme by United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), United Sates of America (USA) during 2015
2. श्री राम पुरस्कार by Fertilizer Association of India, New Delhi during 2013-14
3. Appreciation award from Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Independent Directorate of Local Governance Kandahar Joint Director Education during 2016 and 2018.