Name of centre (Latitude/Longitude):
Regional Agricultural Research Station, Assam, Agricultural University, Gossaigaon.
Lat: 2604/N, Long: 8909/ E; Altitude: 48.1 MSL
Telipara, Gossaigaon, Kokrajhar, Assam. PIN: 783360
|Sl.No.||Name of the post/cadre||No. of posts sanctioned||Name||Contact details|
|1||Scientist (PBG) & In-charge, AICRP (Maize)||1||Nabajyoti Bhuyan||Mobile: 9854013768 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Asstt. Agronomist||1||Mahadeb Ujir Basumatary||Mobile: 9435181473 email@example.com|
|3||Field Asstt. III||1||Mantosh Kr. Sah||Mobile: 8486040130|
|4||Field Asstt. III||1||Tapan Baishya||Mobile: 7002242391|
|5||Field Asstt. III (against the post of STA)||1||Rupam Talukdar||Mobile: 6900898732|
|6||Typist||1||Bidyut Jyoti Pathak||Mobile: 7638842400|
- To undertake research for genetic enhancement in maize of yield and its important attributes
- To develop efficient package of practices for increasing maize production in the state
- To popularize the crop in the region through frontline demonstration of high yielding varieties
Farm area: 2 ha.
- Maize Hybrids Nationally Recommended for the Zone
- Vivek Maize Hybrid 47 (FH 3515)
- Vivek Maize Hybrid 53 (FH 3556)
- Bio 9544 (BIO 151)
- Crop Management Technology Recommended for the Zone
- Under rain fed conditions residue retention @ 5 t/ha on the soil surface is recommended for enhancing maize productivity by 9-29%.
- The intercropping of soybean/black gram in maize grown during kharif season is recommended.
- A total of more than 100 ha. of FLD conducted.
- A total of 15 training programmes and 6 field days conducted under AICRP (Maize)
- Paper Presented in UGC sponsored National Seminar: 01 No.
(UGC sponsored National Seminar on Emerging Challenges in Indian Agriculture: The Looking Forward organized by Department of Economic in collaboration with IQAC Gossaigaon College, Assam)
- Paper Published: 01 no.
- B. Kalita, and S. K. Paul (2016): Baby corn (Zea maize Linn): Emerging a profit making crop for farmer of Assam. Book on Emerging Challenges in Indian Agriculture: The Looking Forward, Excel India Publication, New Delhi. 23-24th December, 2016, Page:57-61.
- Three nos. of bulletins one each on Normal maize, sweet corn and baby corn cultivation in Assam condition are published.
- Book chapter on Maize research and development in Assam In, Maize Industry in India, Retrospect and Prospect, published by ICAR-IIMR, Ludhiana.
- Successfully hosted the 62nd Annual Maize Workshop of AICRP (Maize) in Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat, Assam.