Title of project: ICAR Project – Seed Production in Agricultural Crops
Funding agency– ICAR-IISS, Mau
Total approved cost of the project: 27.75 lakh for 3 years (2017-2020)
- To strengthen quality seed production capabilities of cooperating centres of ICAR Seed Project.
- To improve quality of farm-saved seed and dissemination of seed production, processing and storage technologies.
- To undertake Human Resource Development (HRD) and Technology Dissemination activities pertinent to seed realm.
Project team: Nodal Officer- Dr. S. B. Singh
Major achievements: –
- Breeder seed of maize parental lines (60.0 qtls,) Foundation/CS/TL seed of wheat (1272.0 qtls) and CS/TL seed of soybean (324.0 qtls) was produced and supplied to seed production agencies/farmers.
- Training programmes on seed production technologies, management and control of FAW were conducted, benefiting nearly 1200 farmers/extension workers during last five years