Format E (Information from centre)
Name of centre (Latitude/Longitude): Kalyani, West Bengal (22º57´N /88º20´E) Date of Inception of AICRP – 04/11/2015
Address: Directorate of Research Building, Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Kalyani, Nadia, West Bengal, 741235
|Sr. no.||Name of the post||No. of posts||Name of the staff||Date of Joining||Filled/Vacant|
|2.||Maize Agronomist||1||Dr. Sonali Biswas||2.11.2015 ||Filed|
|2.||Maize Pathologist||1||Dr. Srabani Debnath (Officer In-Charge of the Project wef 13/06/2016)||4.11.2015||Filed-2|
|3.||Field Men||3||1. Field Assistant Mr. Manik Paul 2. Field Assistant – Mr. Benupada Maity |
| 02/04/18 |
|4.||LDC/Typist||1||Mr. Suman Sarkar||02/04/18||Filed|
1. Evaluation and identification of suitable hybrids for normal and specialty maize suitable for rabi season.
2. Development of package practices for normal and specialty maize during rabi season.
Farm area: 1.5 ha
Significant achievements (in bullets with photos)
Varieties Identified (both normal maize & speciality corn) – performing good for this zone
Baby Corn BVM‐2,PAC 321
Pop Corn IHPC‐1201, IMHP 1535
Sweet Corn Mithas, FSCH 98, Sugar Sweet
QPM ‐ IIMRQPMH 1608, HQPM 7
Normal Maize ‐JH 13347,BL 147,CP 808,
HM 10, DKC 9165,BLH 101
- Weed management in maize system‐ Developed
- Potassium dose for maize in West Bengal to increase yield is standardized
- Survey on diseases of maize in nine maize growing Districts of West Bengal is covered & important disease problems are identified
- Amount of Yield Loss due to Maydis Leaf blight (MLB) of maize is determined (21.45%)
- Ecofriendly strategies of management of MLB disease of maize are identified
- Development of IDM module for MLB of maize is completed for two years
- Disease screening under AICRP trials against TLB is going on.
- SAWBO animation is made in Bengali language about Scouting & Identification of FAW for the maize growers of West Bengal
Outreach & Extension – achievements
- Front Line Demonstration & Tribal Sub Plan were conducted for three years(2017‐18, 2018‐19 & 2019‐20).
Area under FLD was 50 acre (each year) and under TSP was 5ha (each year)
- Scheduled Caste Sub Plan was conducted during 2018‐19.Fertilizer and sprayer was distributed under Scheduled Caste Sub Plan (NICRA) among 100 farmers. Total no of farmers benefitted under
- FLD, TSP and SCSP are more than 400. Total 12 training programmes are conducted for the maize growers under outreach programmes.
- Publications : Eight(8) in peer reviewed Journals. Book Chapter – One
- TV programme conducted – Six in number
Information on state recommendations:
Disease management – State‐wise we may give predominant diseases and their control measures
Leaf Blight diseases (Turcicum leaf blight & Maydis leaf blight)‐ Control measures –
i) Mancozeb75%WP @1.5‐2kg/ha
ii) Azoxystrobin 18.2% + Difenconazole 11.4%SC @1ml/li of water
iii) Tebuconazole 50%+Trifloxystrobin 25%WG @ 350ml/ha
iv) Azoxystrobin18.2% + Cyproconazole7.3% SC @ 1ml/li of water
v) Pyraclostrobin 133g/li + Epoxystrobin 50g/li SE @ 750ml/ha
Seedling blight : Control measure‐ Seed treatment with Thiram @ 2gm/kg seed
Fusarium wilt by Fusarium moniliforme : Control – Seed treatment with Trichoderma
harzianum @ 20gm/kg of seed
Pest management – State‐wise we may give predominant pests and their control measures
Predominant pests are – Stem borer, Shoot fly, Thrips, Aphid and Fall Army Worm
Control measures :
i) Carbofuran 3% CG @ 33300gm/ha
ii) Dimethoate 30% EC 660ml/ha
Seed treatment for early season sucking pest –
i) Thiamethoxam 30% FS @ 8ml/kg seed
ii) Imidacloprid 48% (600FS) @ 1ml/100kg seed
iii) Cyantraniliprole 19.8% + Thiamethoxam 19.8%Fs @ 4ml/kg seed
For Fall Army Worm – Application of Neem products ,Emamectin Benzoate & Chlorantraniliprole 18.5% SC in addition with cultural control measures.
Fertilizer : For hill & terai soil – Dolomite @ 1‐2 t/ha
For coastal soil – Gypsum @ 3‐5q/ha
FYM for all soil @ 5t/ha & Azophos @ 15kg/ha
N:P2O5:K2O = Composite varieties : Prekharif – 130:65:65 for soil having low nutrient
level, 120:60:60 for soil having medium nutrient level,100:50:50 for soil having high nutrient level.
Rabi – 130:65:65 ‐ for soil having low nutrient level, 120:60:60 for soil having medium nutrient level,100:50:50 for soil having high nutrient level.
Hybrid Varieties : 150:75:75 for soil having low nutrient level, 140:70:70 for soil having medium nutrient level,120:60:60 for soil having high nutrient level.
1/3rd N, full P2O5 and 1/3rd K2O as basal; 1/3rd N and 1/3rd K2O at 30 DAS and rest N and K2O at 45 DAS.
Sulphur @ 20kg/ha at land preparation, Zn as Zinc Sulphate @ 25kg/ha and Boron as Borax @ 10kg/ha at the time of land preparation.
Herbicide : For both broad leaf weeds & grasses – Atrazine 50WP @ 1‐2 kg/ha(preemergence)
For grasses Paraquat Dichloride 24% SL @ 0.8‐2li/ha and Diuron 80% WP @ 1kg/ha
For broad leaf weeds – Sodium salt Technical (80% WP) @ 1.25kg/ha.(post‐emergence)
Information on Patents: Nil
Title of Patent: