- Seed treatment and foliar application of Azoxystrobin 18.2 w/w + Difenoconazole 11.4% w/w SC @ 0.10% @ 35 and 45 DAS is recommended for the management of TLB disease of maize
- Foliar spray of Pyraclostrobin 133g/l + Epoxiconazole 50g/l SE @ 0.15% is also recommended for effective management of TLB diseases of maize
- Foliar spray of bioproducts Allium sativum (Garlic bulb) @10% @35,45 and 55 DAS is recommended for management of TLB diseases of maize
The predominant pest of Maize in Manipur is Fall armyworm. Control measures include whorl application of Emamectin benzoate @0.4g/l of water or Spinosad @ 0.3ml/l of water or Bacillus thuringensis v. kurstaki formulation @2g/l of water during evening hours.
- Fertilizers recommendations of the region- 120:60:60 kg/ha (N:P:K) for all corn types (Normal and speciality)
- Most efficient weed management- Atrazine (1.5 kg a.i./ha) as pre-emergence followed by 2,4-D Amine 0.4 kg a.i./ha at 25 DAS as post emergence.