G. B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar
Name of the Centre
(Latitude/Longitude) Pantnagar, Latitude 290N , Longitude 79.50E, Altitude 243.8m
G. B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar-263145 (Uttarakhand)
- Dr. N. K. Sing : Sr. Maize Breeder
- Dr. R. P. Singh : Maize Pathologist
- Dr. Veer Singh: Soil Scientist
- Dr. Amit Bhatnagar: Agronomist
- Sh. L.M. Pandey : Field Man
- Dr. Ramvir Singh : Field Man
- Sh. Ashok Kumar : Field Man
- Sh. Durjan Ram : Field Man
- Sh. S.S. Panwar: Field Man
- Sh. R. P. Joshi : Field Man
- Sh. V. K. Singh : LDC/Typist
- Development of high yielding improved cultivars of maize, diversification of inbred lines and seed production.
- Optimization of maize productivity through development and intervention of efficient and improved agronomomical and plant protection practices.
- Generation of quality data on test entries of coordinated maize trials.
- Dissemination of improved knowledge and resources using physical and digital platforms.
Farm area: 9.75 ha
Pantnagar centre has developed 11 composite varieties namely Protina, Tarun, Navin, Shweta, Kanchan, D-765, Surya, Amar, Pragati and Pant Sankul Makka-3 for early and extra-early maturity group for different geographical regions.
Pantnagar centre has developed 2 single cross hybrids namely Pant Sankar Makka 1 and Pant Sankar Makka 4 of normal maize.
Pantnagar centre has developed 1 single cross hybrid of popcorn-Pant Popcorn 1.
Two potential hybrids namely Pant Sankar Makka 5 and Pant Sankar Makka 6 under pipeline of release.
Used teosinte, a wild relative of maize, successfully in diversification and enhancement of maize germplasm.