Name of the Centre AICRP on Maize, Rahuri
Latitude/ Longitude 19.38 / 74.64
Address : All India Coordinated Research Project on Maize, Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri – 413 722, Dist. Ahmednagar (M.S.)
|Staff Details (05) |
|Dr. S.R. Dhonde, Asstt. Maize Breeder|
Dr. V.S. Shinde, Asstt. Plant Pathologist
Shri. S.T. Kadam, Agril. Asstt.
Shri. S.N. Kusalkar, Agril. Asstt.
Mrs. B.J. Talekar, Clerk
- Collection, evaluation and maintenance of maize germplasm.
- Development of high yielding single cross hybrids of appropriate maturity group having resistant to diseases and pest.
- Development of new inbred lines of Maize
- Survey and surveillance for occurrence of diseases on maize.
- Screening of maize genotypes for resistance against major diseases under artificial epiphytotic conditions.
- Production & distribution of good quality seed of Maize hybrids
Farm Area 10 ha.
The centre is recently started in 2015. However, the centre has initiated the following research work
- Development of single cross hybrid.
- Evaluation of maize genotypes under AVT, NIVT (different maturity groups), Sweet corn, Pop corn, QPM, Baby corn etc.
- The development of sick plot for screening of maize genotypes against charcoal rot (Macrophomina phaseolina) in rabi is in progress. Screening of maize genotypes against Turcicum leaf blight (Exserohilum turcicum) under artificially epiphytotic conditions.
The predominant diseases in Maharashtra are Turcicum leaf blight, Maydis leaf blight in kharif and rust in late kharif.
Post flowering stalk rot (Charocoal rot) in rabi
Management practices (university recommendation)
Sparying of Mancozeb 75 WP @ 0.25% for the management of leaf blight