Title of project: Sensor guided nitrogen management in maize based cropping system under conventional and conservation agriculture practices
- To study the effect of precision nitrogen management on growth, yield and economics of maize-based systems.
- To work out the effect of precision nitrogen management on nutrient productivity, nitrogen saving, water-use efficiency and energy dynamics.
- To study effect of precision nitrogen management practices on soil properties in maize-based systems.
Project team: S.L. Jat, A.K. Singh, Meena Sekhar, Suby SB, C.M. Parihar
- Green seeker (GS) based N application had a wide range (120 to 190 kg/ha) in various cropping systems and residue management scenarios that showed calibration curve developed by IIMR is working.
- Under conventional tillage system, GS based N application was 13 to 40 kg lesser than the recommended N (150 kg/ha) in maize.